Topic: Hang gathering in the New Year.....The HangOver

hello all smile

After the success of the hangout UK and hearing some of the feedback regarding wanting to meet up more and have other events for hang players to meet and play sweet music together, an idea has been born  about getting hang players together to make more music and all perform together on the sat night.

So to be clearer:

The Venue would be the earth house in Dorset

Outside                                                        Inside
http://onfinite.com/libraries/1053161/63a.jpg http://onfinite.com/libraries/1406425/ab0.jpg

The earth house is set within the site of the Ancient Technology centre, the site also has other buildings within its grounds like  Saxon round houses, roman buildings and a Viking long house, all built by hand using traditional techniques.

We would stay communally in the earth house which has a huge fire pit in the middle for warmth (and of course there are showers and toilets on site too, for the clean among us lol)

Cost:
this is the exciting bit which is a bit different, I have spoken to the manager of the site and he is very cool about this, we would charge hang players nothing to come for the weekend (you would of course have to supply food etc for yourself- but we could do some group cooking etc ???).

Now the ancient technology Centre has no funding from the local gov so they fund the project by hire of the earthouse and other events like didgeridoo festivals and storytelling nights where members of the public pay to be entertained and the profits go to the centre. So if we are not paying how will they make the money so we can use the site.  The Earthhouse would make some money not through us the hang players but by opening the doors to the earthhouse on the sat night for the public to listen to some awesome hang. We would therefore be the entertainment, some group jams, individual performances etc etc etc for a few hours on the sat night, we get to go for free and the earthhouse can make some funds smile

So the Friday night and sat day gives the people who attend the chance to prepare some group stuff, individual or even some pieces with other hang players they may not normally perform with.

So by doing it this way we get a relatively free trip and hang event while the venue can still make money  without relying on us for the  hire fee of the earth house.

Looking at a date in January 2009, dont worry yes it will be cold outside but inside it should be nice and snug smile

so really just after some feedback on this, are people up for 'The Hangover' ?

Obviously comment here but please can you email your interest so I can start to get an idea if there is enough hang players to make it work smile
hangoutuk@hotmail.co.uk

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Hang gathering in the New Year.....The HangOver

camping? bbbrrrrrr!!!!

x

only if your brave lol we will be comunal living inside the earthhouse, and with the fire buring does make it vey snug smile

so camp beds will be needed smile there are hammocks but i think due to health and safety we may not be able to use them, i stayed in the earthhouse for a week last Feb and it was a great experience and if the fire is treated well cold was not a problem, and anyway we are british its the europeans that we should be worried about they were cold at night during the hangout and that was quite mild lol wink

Thumbs up Thumbs down

in2nation wrote:

camping? bbbrrrrrr!!!!

x

You can always cuddle up to me Michael... I won't mind smile

I thought Frank was the "cuddle and Snuggle" guy? big_smile

Hey... I like a cuddle too smile maybe we can have a threesome cuddle yikes LOL

You think mife number 3 will be upset? LOL! big_smile

Hi Rob. Dorset sounds like a pretty cool idea. Depending on the date in January, I could be up for it ! Great idea !!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Looks like this might be happening a little later in the year now... January seemed to be a little too chilly even for the folk at the Ancient technology centre. May well be happening in March now... Rob will keep us posted once he has confirmed dates.

Kelly

Cependant, je connais un endroit idéal où je peux acheter réplique sacs de luxe, donc je vais être en mesure de sortir avec mon chéri dans le style!Il est absolument de bas grade redresseur, top-grade adoré le métal, le sac à accoutrement de bacs de noms, certains humains catégoriques si l'application de la balise, l'acceptation que le l'expertise est sera plus grand. Un accès hawa?en mal avancer d'incidents assortis qu'ils vont utiliser qui créeront-up de ce genre Sac Chanel de ajoutée accepté et belle d'une affectation de l'accessoire.

Thumbs up Thumbs down